Head of Year
A strong commitment to outstanding pastoral provision, with large staff teams dedicated to each year group, excellent SLT support and input from a wide range of other professionals, including mentors, a school Social Worker, behaviour consultants, our full time Mental Health Leader and counsellors.
HEAD OF YEAR
Starting Date: 1st September 2023
Closing Date for application: 27th March 2023
Salary: Inner London Salary TLR1d
This is an exciting opportunity to apply for a key leadership role in a major area at our school. We are a highly successful, oversubscribed, mixed, multi-cultural high school in West London, in the top 5-10% of schools nationally, for student progress. We have an excellent, supportive pastoral area and have invested heavily in this area in recent years. As a Head of Year, you will lead a team of 2 Deputy Heads of Year, a full-time non-teaching Pastoral Support Worker and be given a very generous timetable allowance. As a school, we have a tremendous record of developing both students and staff.
- A strong commitment to outstanding pastoral provision, with large staff teams dedicated to each year group, excellent SLT support and input from a wide range of other professionals, including mentors, a school Social Worker, behaviour consultants, our full time Mental Health Leader and counsellors.
- A very generous timetable allocation, so you can give time to this very important role.
- Wonderful students with strong, positive relationships between staff and students.
- Excellent CPD programmes, collaboration with other schools, personalised coaching and an outstanding record of career progression.
- Excellent modern facilities and interactive technology in a well-resourced, supportive and friendly school.
- Other benefits include: generous non-contact time; small class sizes wherever possible; assistance for those taking Masters and further degrees; a partnership with the Institute of Education and Teach First; an outstanding record of staff achieving promotion; the opportunity to train and mentor student teachers and Teach First; a dedicated and supportive pastoral team; guaranteed car parking spaces and bicycle storage; shared department workroom; an excellent library; access to sporting facilities and a fitness gym; Workplace Options scheme providing advice and support; staff social events and well-being sessions
Candidates will need to complete an application form and write a brief letter on why they are the right candidate for this post. Details of the post can be found at www.greenford.ealing.sch.uk. Completed applications should be emailed to
Dawn Druce at email@example.com