Curriculum Intent – what is Greenford High School aiming to achieve through its Careers Education curriculum?
- To provide a broad, balanced and impartial education in careers and future pathways that empowers students with the knowledge to make informed decisions.
- To embed into the curriculum opportunities for students to develop and use employability skills that will allow them the flourish in the world of work.
- To make links between subject areas and careers education to ensure that students see how their academic studies can link to future study and employment.
- To help students develop into reflective individuals who are empowered to choose their own path through an awareness of their personal qualities and goals.
- To give students the opportunity to grow their own networks and develop their cultural capital through careers activities and events which broaden their horizons.
- To provide comprehensive and accessible careers provision which supports the needs of all students.
- To equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to be fully prepared for their next stage of education whether they choose to go on to university, a college an apprenticeship.
- To provide families with relevant information about future pathways that helps them support students in making choices about their future.