Greenford High is a key member of the Ealing Teaching School Alliance and has a long history of offering excellent CPD, supporting other schools, personalised coaching and an outstanding record of career progression and staff promotion.
Starting Date: ASAP
Closing Date for application: Monday 21st January 2019
Salary: Point 17 £16,603 – Term time only plus Inset days – 32.5 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, outstanding, oversubscribed, mixed, multi-cultural high school in West London. We are in the top 120 schools nationally for student progress. Our Achievement Workers play a similar role to Teaching Assistants, but work with their caseload of students, and their families, on a broader range of areas to remove the obstacles to learning. An enthusiasm for extra-curricular activities and a willingness to go the extra-mile for the students is vital. We will accept applications from ex-GHS Students, those looking to eventually become teachers and those looking for temporary or part-time work.
- Greenford High is a key member of the Ealing Teaching School Alliance and has a long history of offering excellent CPD, supporting other schools, personalised coaching and an outstanding record of career progression and staff promotion.
- We have a great record of developing NQTs and Student Teachers, training over 40 teachers new to the profession each year. We are active partners to both Teach First and the Institute of Education, hosting and delivering CPD for their teachers.
- Friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic colleagues
- Excellent modern facilities and interactive technology in a well-resourced, new school, with a new KS3 building, the i-Block, opening in September 2018
- Other benefits include: generous non-contact time; small class sizes wherever possible; assistance for those taking Masters and further degrees; many colleagues taking Teaching Leaders courses, Future Leaders, NPQML and NPQSL; the opportunity to train and mentor student teachers and Teach First; a dedicated and supportive pastoral team; guaranteed car parking spaces and bicycle storage; shared department workroom; an excellent library; access to sporting facilities and a fitness gym; Workplace Options scheme providing advice and support; staff social events and well-being sessions
Application packs are available from the school website www.greenford.ealing.sch.uk and should be returned to Dawn Druce at email@example.com